Kildare Steiner school is among the oldest Waldorf school in Ireland, which comprises of kindergarten, primary and secondary schools, located in the Irish countryside south west of Dublin.
“A healthy social life is found when in the mirror of each human soul the community finds its reflection, and when in the community the virtue of each one is living”. Rudolf Steiner
We wish to encourage our staff to uphold the values of true Steiner Education. We value the writing of the School Report at the end of the school year that encourages the children to nourish their trust in themselves, with kind reflections that will motivate the child to improve in the required areas.
If you share our belief in the beauty of childhood and have a deep understanding of how a child’s ability to excel can manifest through their hands, their heart and their head, come and join our family in the Irish beautiful countryside setting just 40 minutes from Dublin city.
We are now seeking an inspirational and passionate group coordinator who shares our Waldorf school vision, who can contribute to our story and enhance the strengths of our staff.
We have committed and talented staff, happy and curious children, parents/carers who are partners in their children’s education and a hands-on. Board of Trustees that works hard to support the progress of the school.
Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding strategic coordinator with a resilient character and strong personal drive to grow and shape our future together.
Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
- The Mandate Groups coordinator’s main responsibility is the implementation of the Mandate Group System.
- The Mandate Groups coordinator is responsible for all aspects regarding parents-volunteers and the Mandate Group they are a part of.
- Recruiting, training, and coaching new parents-volunteers, and Mandate Group leaders,
- Liaise with the School Administrator, Teachers and Board of Trustees.
- Conduct interviews to collect parents-volunteers information, availability, and skills, and maintain an up-to-date database.
- Keeping Mandate Group leaders, new and existing parents-volunteers informed about the Mandate Group System and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching parents-volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper guidance. Promotes volunteer opportunities to convey the Mandate Groups’ purpose to the parents. Identify & Develop Mandate Group leaders.
- Organizing training and leading on-the-job training, including documentation of repetitive and ad-hoc tasks.
- Coordinate schedules and tracking of volunteers’ work.
- Participate as a Mandate Groups Leader or Resource as necessary for mission-critical areas.
- Required to perform DIY Maintenance work while on site.
These duties are not exhaustive but summarise the main responsibilities of the Mandate Groups coordinator
Hours of work: 10 core contact hours per week with a working pattern to be agreed upon d within the Board of Trustees. Ideally in between from 9:00 am 1 pm. There is a requirement to attend College of Teachers meetings, Parents’ Evenings, Community meetings, School Festivals, and Open Days.
How to apply
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Jonathan De Andrade (Board Member) at +353 87 0690548. Applications with Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the above form